Saturday, October 9, 2010

Bubble Wrapping the Greenhouse

It's still early October, but we got our first 33 degree night already!

I started insulating the greenhouse yesterday with bubble wrap. Purchased two 150ft rolls. I am just about half way through with taping the panels. Wasn't sure how much "air space" would be ideal. So, I decided to tape it up with the bubbles on the inside.

My hopes are to be able to grow salad fixings throughout the Fall and Winter seasons in the greenhouse. Trial and error.

I still need to paint more gallon jugs black. Enough to line the walls along the floor. With the greenhouse being only 6'x8', I don't have space for the larger barrels. Then  I will utilize a small electric heater. The main goal will be to prevent freezing temps.

I would certainly love to hear of others' methods of winter greenhouse gardening. The more "GREEN" solar type info I can get, the better. Not needing the heater would be the ultimate goal..... zone 5b

No comments:

Post a Comment